Cisco certifications validate the ability to use the best-in-class networking and communications devices from Cisco Systems. Cisco offers a diverse range of credentials that bring measurable rewards to network professionals and the companies that employ them. Cisco dubs its certification program "Cisco Career Certifications".
Cisco career certifications improve your understanding of networking in more than just Cisco products. Throughout the certification-prep process, Cisco certification candidates will develop a complete understanding of IT networking and how different network topologies interact to form a secure and efficient network. This "big-picture" knowledge is beneficial in any networking role, and it's one of the many reasons Cisco certifications are in high demand, even at companies with few Cisco products.
The latest generation of Cisco certifications was designed to be more compatible with the day-to-day duties of modern network professionals, thus Cisco certification candidates can more quickly acquire the credentials that prove their job-specific expertise to hiring managers.
Five Levels of Cisco Certification
This newest generation of Cisco certification features five levels of general IT certification; from lowest to highest the 5 Levels of Cisco certifications are: Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert and Architect.
Eight Paths of Cisco Certification
The Cisco Career Certification program features various paths (or tracks) so you can match your Cisco Certification path to your job role or industry. The 8 Paths of Cisco Certifications are:
- Routing and Switching :: This is the Cisco Certification path for Network Professionals who Install and Support Cisco networks containing LAN (or local area network) is a network connecting computers in a small area, typically an office or building. and WANA WAN (or wide area network) is a network of computers within a very large area, such as an entire state or country. Routers and Switches.
- Design :: The Design Cisco Certification path is aimed at Network Professionals who Design Cisco networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside.
- Network Security :: This is the Cisco Certification path for Network Professionals who Design and Implement Cisco Secure Networks.
- Service Provider :: This Cisco Certification path is aimed at Network Professionals that work with Infrastructure or Access Solutions in a Cisco environment - primarily in the telecommunications arena.
- Service Provider Operations :: This is the Cisco Certification path for Network Professionals who Manage, Maintain, and Troubleshoot complex Service Provider Networks.
- Storage Networking :: This Cisco Certification path is for Network Professionals who Implement Storage Solutions over extended networks utilizing multiple transport options.
- Voice :: The Voice Cisco Certification path is for Network Professionals who Install and Maintain Voice over IP (VoIPVoice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the routing of voice calls over the Internet, or through any other IP-based network. Basically, this technology converts normal voice into a digital signal — much like a CD recording — and then wraps that digital signal with a set of IP header information, allowing it to travel across the Internet. The digital signal is reconverted back to a normal voice signal at its destination. ) Networks.
- Wireless :: The Wireless Cisco Certification path is aimed at Network Professionals who who Configure, Implement, and Support Wireless Networks.
Benefits of Cisco Certification:
- Cisco certified professionals are amongst the highest paid IT professionals in the world.
- Cisco certifications validate skills in networking, one of the fastest growing and most versatile IT domains.
- According to a Fairfield Research survey, CCNA Certification gives on average a 16.7% Salary increase.
- Industry trends show that with each Cisco certification achieved there is an increase in salary.
- Getting Cisco certified opens the door to exciting and lucrative IT careers in the government and military.
- Resumes with Cisco certifications grab the attention of information technology recruiters and employers.
- Cisco certified professionals gain access to a global community of like-minded network professionals.
Popular Cisco Certifications:
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. One of the world's largets technology companies, Cisco is an American-based multinational corporation that designs and sells consumer electronics, networking, voice, and communications technology and services. Cisco career certifications are known worldwide as the preeminent credentials for IT network professionals.
Which Companies are Hiring Cisco Certified IT Pros?
Cisco certifications qualify you for a variety of exciting positions at top organizations including:
- AT&T Busniess Solutions (100+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco Jobs at AT&T
- CyberCoders Engineering (80+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco Jobs at CyberCoders
- Robert Half Technology (80+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco Jobs at Robert Half Technology
- IBM USA (50+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco Jobs at International Business Machines USA
- Technisource (50+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco Jobs at Technisource
- All Companies (4000+ Cisco Jobs): Browse and apply to Cisco jobs at all companies